If you have a Facebook page, website, or app, you can get insights about your users using a tool called Facebook Analytics. The tool provides insights into how people use your digital assets online.
Here’s everything on the subject.
What is Facebook Analytics?
Facebook Analytics is a tool that allows you to better understand the journey that your customers are going through around your digital assets that are integrated with Facebook. That is, you can get insights about users and customers who visit your site, app, Facebook page, and other services.
One of the most important topics in the world of digital marketing is the field of analytics. A field of collecting, organizing, presenting, and understanding the data of your users and customers. This information helps you make insights and decisions in the field of marketing that meet your business interests.
There are several different analytics tools, designed for different purposes, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and other tools.
Facebook Analytics helps us understand how a user becomes a customer who purchases from you or through you, in a variety of different marketing channels or devices. This is important in itself and especially when building digital campaigns.
Advantages of Facebook Analytics
Facebook Analytics offers many benefits and reasons why you should use it:
- Cross-device – You can get an explanation of users, even if they use your assets through different devices (computers, phones, and more).
- Many properties – You can get an explanation of various properties such as websites, applications, e-commerce systems, pixels, Facebook pages, and more.
- Free tool – The tool is provided free of charge to businesses.
- Funnel Creation – You can understand how users progress towards conversion.
- Convenient and easy to use – the system is very simple to use without complex matters.
Note: As of 30.06.2021 Facebook Analytics is no longer available for use.
How to install Facebook Analytics?
You can install Facebook Analytics depending on the type of tool you use.
- If you have a website or e-commerce store, you can embed a tool called Facebook Pixel, and then you can make use of Facebook Analytics.
- If you have a mobile app, you can embed the Facebook SDK.
- If you have a Facebook app, then you can embed the tool through the settings.
- If you have a business Facebook page, you can use this owner without having to make any adjustments.
How to use Facebook Analytics?
Once installed, you can use the Facebook analytics tool by going to the following page: business.facebook.com/analytics. Next, you need to choose the property for which you would like to receive information like a Facebook page, a pixel account, or an app.
This is what it looks like:
The main page is the overview page, where you get the general information and in a concise way about your users, sources of access, user visits, and more.
In the side menu, you can see the “Activity” tab that includes information about the activity of users on the site. There you can get information about active users, revenue, funnels, user retention, travel, events, device overlap, and more.
The following tab is a people tab where you can get information about the users of the site, and in particular demographics and technology.
All this important information can be segmented by dates and by advanced filters. For example, get information about user groups that came from a particular source of arrival, campaign, and so on.
All of this information is important so that you can make the right decision about marketing your business in the digital worlds.