Facebook advertising is one of the largest online advertising channels that allow you – businesses and organizations – to reach your target audience on Facebook and may be interested in the services and products you offer them.
Facebook is not only the largest social network in the world, but it is also a marketing channel and a very strong advertising channel alongside Google Adwords. The system allows every Facebook user to create ads and campaigns, just as Google allows users to enter the advertising system for users who have a Google / Gmail account.
Many customers turn to us when they do not understand or are confused because other factors have told them unreliable information so we decided to create this article.
What is Facebook advertising?
When you hear advertising on Facebook, the intention is to advertise on Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram (and soon WhatsApp), that is a paid advertising. Your ads can be on Facebook and Instagram and will be tagged with the word “sponsored”, so you can recognize that this is an advertisement.
Facebook allows each user to create an ad account that can be used to advertise on Facebook. In order to advertise, you must create a business page on Facebook or a business page on Instagram (a Facebook subsidiary – a photo sharing application). Creating and setting up a business page is free and anyone can do it, the same for a business account on Instagram.
By advertising on Facebook, you can expose your business to new customers, bring more visitors to your website, product sales page or landing page, bring customers to your local business, increase engagement and hits on your business page, and more.
What are the benefits of Facebook advertising?
Facebook has several advantages over advertising elsewhere and many advantages over traditional advertising. Here are some of them:
1. A huge target audience
Over 2 billion people use Facebook in the world, and you probably also use Facebook. With so many users, your customers are likely to be there too, so even if you own a local business, offer services or a global business – it can work for you.
2. Flexible budget
There is a need to set a budget for all advertising, however, Facebook allows flexibility in the budget so that any business can appear there, both small businesses and self-employed.
3. Pricing Options
Facebook allows different pricing options as opposed to traditional advertising such as billboards, where advertising is a fixed price per month. Facebook advertising includes pricing by:
- Reach or impressions.
- Ad Clicks.
- View website / landing page.
- Video views.
- Page likes.
- Post engagement.
- App install / events.
- Conversions (doing something like signing up for a contact form).
As you can see, you can pay by different pricing types. That is, you can pay according to the result you want to receive and not “price per month”.
4. Targeting target audiences
Facebook’s main focus is targeting the audience. That is, you can target your target audience by focusing precisely on a number of key things:
- Geographical location – People who have lived, stayed recently, or travel to any locations. For example Tel Aviv, London, Moscow, New York and the like.
- Age – You can target the age of the target audience.
- Gender – men, women or all together.
- Languages – according to the language of your target audience.
- Interests – People who love a particular area, activity, or related topics.
- Demographics – You can reach people on the basis of their education, work, relationships and other events in life.
- Behavior – Reach people by the type of device they use, online activities, anniversary, purchase behavior, and more.
- Exclusion – You can exclude any target audience from your potential customer.
In addition, you can contact a target audience who was at your site and performed actions by the Pixel Facebook tool.
5. Placement targeting
Advertising on Facebook can determine where you want to advertise your ad. Do you want the ad to appear in:
- Facebook – Home page updates, instant articles, videos, left / right column, MarketPlace.
- Instagram – Home or Story Updates.
- Messenger – advertisements on the homepage or through sponsored posts.
- Audience Networks – Additional locations of Facebook partners.
You can also determine whether Android or iOS users will see your ads and even whether ads will appear when they are connected to the WiFi Internet or not.
6. Advanced operations
Another advantage of Facebook advertising is the possibility of advanced settings and other things that can be done in the system. For example, the possibility of creating A / B tests to see which ad / campaign is delivering the best results and more.
7. Variety of ad types
Facebook adds a variety of ad types. These ads can be a link to a landing page, a link to the Facebook page, promoting any post, video, image ads or multiple images, product ads on your web store, and more.
8. Analysis and control
Another advantage is the possibility of analysis and control. Facebook allows you to create reports that measure the performance of your ads and campaigns. For example, you can see how many ad clicks were, how many times your ad was seen by the target audience, how many views the video were, which ad was performing better, and more.
What must know before posting on Facebook?
There are a few things you should know as you want to spend a budget for advertising on Facebook. These things are important because they will directly affect the results you get:
- Goal – You must determine the purpose of the campaign that matches your business goals. Set a clear and precise goal when it is time-limited and achievable. For example: Closing sales with 50 customers within 60 days.
- Budget – You must set a monthly budget that you want to invest on Facebook. This budget is an important issue because it determines how much you will ultimately pay and whether you will reach your goal.
- Landing Page / Website – With the exception of individual campaigns, you must create a page on the web that aims, among other things, to collect your customer contact information. When a customer clicks on the ad he actually reaps this page.
- Creative – Creative is the ad itself, whether it is a video or image, a number of images and more. Who will create and edit a video clip and more.
- Rules and Guidelines – There are problem areas that have special limitations and guidelines in the advertising system or country limits. For example, advertising of alcoholic beverages, health services and aesthetics, financial services and more.
- Facebook Page / Instagram – Each ad appears under the Facebook page or Instagram, and therefore in order to advertise, one must create one. But not only enough to create, but also have to set it up and add little content and profile pictures.
Facebook advertising prices
This is a very important part, here we need to know how much Facebook advertising costs and how much money should be invested. You can not say how much money should be put on Facebook, because the system is very dynamic and depends on a number of factors.
First, Facebook’s advertising space is limited so as there are more competitors on the same advertising space, competition has increased and so prices are growing.
Second, the higher your ad quality, the more likely you are to appear in your target audience and accordingly pay less.
Thirdly, when you work with a professional company, like us (yes, we stand this word!), You have the cost of managing and creating campaigns. But on the other hand, you are in a calm mind that an experienced company is taking care of the best results.
How to begin?
If you decide to work with us – excellent. After you leave your details, our representative will contact you in order to receive information about you and your business, the purpose of the publication and other details so that we can determine what is right for you.