Want to know how to promote a website on Google? If you have one and you want to get results, you should read our guide on Google website SEO. The information will help you understand well and prepare the infrastructure for the benefit of an expert or company in the field.
Ready? Here is the all information.
What is Google Website Promotion?
We like to start with the general question in a lot of articles like “what and why”. That’s why we want to give you some background so you can better understand, and in some cases even refine, the information you had before you came to read this guide or article.
Google website promotion is the equivalent of search engine optimization (Google). That is, we optimize and adapt the site to search engines, their rules, instructions, and guidelines, and according to best practices.
Search engines give priority to sites that meet their guidelines. For example, a faster site, better search engine than a slower site.
When we promote a site on Google, we need to first and foremost think about our users. In order for the user experience to be good, the site will display the necessary information, meet the user’s need or desire, and more.
So does Google, it wants users to continue to trust it as a leading and quality search engine, and to know that the high search results are the ones that are preferable to those users.
Thus, website promotion on Google is based on optimizing accepted standards of the search engine, combined with giving priority to our users, and all of course depending on the goals of the business or site.
Why is it worth it?
Google site promotion offers many benefits. So if you are wondering why you should do this, here are some of them:
- Another marketing channel – Organic Google is a very important marketing channel for websites and businesses as it is based on users’ keywords. Which gives us strong power.
- Big traffic – Google knows how to give us a lot of traffic to a site from those searches. Even when there is a news event, one can enjoy free movement.
- Free – You do not have to pay Google to appear in the organic search results.
- Can be combined with sponsored – you can promote your site on Google at the same time with paid sponsored results (sponsored promotion, advertising).
- Increasing credibility – Organic search results are considered more preferable to certain users, who see them as independent and unpaid paid results.
So how to promote a website on Google?
This is where the question arises, so how do you promote your site on Google? Well .. this is a big and long process that takes quite a bit of time, effort, and even money. But, it is certainly possible today to focus on a few topics that will allow your site to stand out and be in the leading and first search results.
First of all, we would like to make a slight note:
When people think of website promotion on Google, they usually think of being in the first result or first page. This is their goal, the goal they want to reach – but it is not fundamentally true.
Website promotion on Google is a means, but not a marketing goal. Therefore, you need to determine your goal first, or if you have several – then your goals.
For example, if you have an e-commerce store, your goal is to increase the number of sales on the site (at least, so we wonder). The means – promote your site on Google with the keywords of your products.
When we set goals, we also need to be based on defining a target audience and creating a marketing funnel.
Note: The following information is based on the fact that you already have a website, blog, e-commerce store, and the like. If not yet – then feel free to contact us for a particularly affordable offer.
Well back to us, so do it:
1. Understanding the current situation
In order to reach our marketing goal, we need to understand the status quo. To do this, you need to base yourself on a few key parameters:
- What do we sell?
- Who are our customers?
- Who are our competitors?
- How new or well-known the brand and site are in the market.
- To what extent there is competition in the particular field in which the site or business operates.
- Some searches, results, and exposures get in Google.
By the way, if the site does not appear in Google, then it is very worthwhile to check it out, before moving on to the sections below.
2. Adjusting the structure of the site
We need to adapt our site structure, hierarchical, practical, and design, to the same goal we set earlier. If the goal is to sell products, then surely the site should allow consumers to make purchases on the site.
You can do this on other channels or social media pages, but this is less recommended.
It is important to also emphasize the menu, which should represent the main and important topics on the site. Which should stand out and those we are interested in highlighting. Like the categories, products, blog, contact, and so on.
3. User experience enhancements
In order for us to truly provide the information at the right time and in the right place. It is very important that our site is pleasant for the user to browse. This can be mainly expressed by the visibility and actions that can be performed on it, combined with the improvement of site performance for the purpose of accelerating the loading speed of the site.
The more convenient it is to perform actions on the site, the faster and easier it is to operate – the user will invest his time to meet his need, which is in line with our purpose.
4. Keyword and competitor research
Keyword research is an action that aims to allow us to identify all the words and search terms that users enter in the search engine, in order to find their information.
Admittedly, we can not think of all these things alone, so we need to rely on the products we sell or the services we offer. For example, if our product is a diamond ring, then the user can search for a “wedding diamond ring”, “which diamond rings exist”, “compare diamond ring prices” and so on.
You can do word research in several different tools, including Google itself, a keyword research tool in Google Ads, and more.
5. Matching the keywords to the content
If we sell a diamond ring, and we do not have a page called that, then we will have a very hard time getting for high results. The more popular the word, the greater the difficulty.
Therefore we need to make sure that we have information on the site based on them in words – all at our discretion and in accordance with our purpose.
For customers in the early stages of the marketing funnel, it is possible to create new content and it is: “How to choose an engagement ring”.
While website information can be professional, accurate, and integrated with keywords. We need to ensure that we can be ranked high even if our competitors do these things.
To do this, we must also promote our site externally, and not just internally within the site. This can be achieved through PR or website links.
Purchasing links is prohibited and violates Google’s guidelines. However, if you have a new product or a new site, and you get PR and referrals – this allowed and can benefit you. You can also add the site to free indexes, participate in forums or other communication channels.
7. Monitoring and improving performance
This is one of the most important parts of this whole article. We need to know that everything we have done before, indeed affects and helps us in promoting the site on Google.
It is highly advisable to use 2 necessary tools which are:
- Google Analytics – provides information and insights about the traffic of the site.
- Google Search Console – provides information about keywords, impressions, clicks, and other information on Google.
Here we need to compare and find out if we get more exposure, more ease, higher results with relevant keywords, and more. At the same time make sure that these keywords contribute to us in terms of marketing purpose – more customer inquiries, more calls, more sales on the site, and so on.
If not – it is very possible that there is a problem at some point in the process.
8. Implementation of advanced tools
So that we can make sure that the site is available, accessible, and adapted to different standards. We need to make sure we have the site:
- Robots.txt – allows us to set pages that do not need to be crawled and therefore do not display on Google.
- Meta noindex – which allows us to prevent indexing of a page in Google, which are irrelevant pages. Like the “I forgot my password” page.
- Meta description – allows us to display the description of the page, which will be displayed in the search engines.
- Canonical – which allows us to avoid duplication of pages in the eyes of Google.
- Permanent links – We need to make sure that the link of the page is simple and accessible.
That’s it! If you have any questions, feel free to comment. If you would like to hear about our SEO service, leave a message on the form.